Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Process - In the Beginning

The agony begins. I have less than a week to decide whether to participate in NaNoWriMo - or choose instead to devote my time elsewhere. Believe me, I am sorely tempted. The fact that I've gone so far as to start this blog is probably indicative of where my true feelings lay.

One of the things that I've noticed about myself over the years is that long before I am willing to admit that a certain direction is a draw for me, I will start taking action down that road. Sounds like some unwillingness to commit, doesn't it? Fear of failure, not wanting to say no to the other things that I'd have to in order to move forward are just a couple of the more obvious reasons that come to mind. That's why it's agonizing.

In this sense, I find procrastination with a deadline helpful. I feel completely at ease taking thes remaining days to plumb my thoughts on the matter and allow myself to work through this process. Comments are welcome even though I know better than to expect any at this point...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home